Home Seller's Resource
This section includes a home seller's resource that you will find useful as you take your steps through the selling process. Please contact us for more information.
Moving Checklist for Sellers
Whether your moving date is two weeks or two months from now, here is a checklist to help...
Transfer or cancel all relevant accounts, records and/or services, including:
- Utilities, including electric, gas, water, sewer and trash
- Cable, telephone (landline and cell phones), newspaper, and lawn services
- Car registration and driver's license
- Postal service
- Update your contacts with your new address
- Bank accounts and safe deposit box
- Insurance policies, including property, auto and medical
- Alarm/security company
- Voter registration
- Physician, dentist and other medical providers (make sure to have at least two weeks of prescription medicine on hand for the duration of your move)
- Veterinarian, if applicable
- Health clubs
- Your children's schools and daycare centers
Separate everything you will and will not be taking with you.
- Make a list. If you are hiring a moving company, catalog your valuables (take pictures if possible).
- Consider renting a movable storage unit. They can be loaded and stored off location during the sale of your home.
- Now is the time to purge. Decide how you will be getting rid of unwanted items.
Get packing! Collect boxes, tape, bubble wrap, newspapers,
garbage bags and markers - or let your movers do it.
- Disassemble furniture and pack all of your fragile household items.
- Schedule movers as needed.
- If you are hiring a moving company, keep a completed bill of lading until your possessions are delivered to your new home.
- Recycle flammable materials or containers that may leak, acids, cleaning fluids, matches, paint, etc.
Take care of all last-minute details
- Have your car serviced if you are traveling a long distance.
- Arrange hotel or other accommodations.
- Make plans for pet care and/or lodging, if applicable.
- Check all closets, cabinets and rooms one last time to make sure you haven't left anything behind.
- Make sure all systems and lights have been turned off in your home before you lock up.
Be sure you're prepared for settlement.
- Plan to maintain homeowner's insurance for 2-3 days after settlement.
- Leave appliance manuals, warranty information and spare keys in the house, or bring to settlement.
- Make sure the house is "broom clean" and all trash and debris - including any in garage and attic – are removed prior to buyer's final walkthrough.
- Bring driver's license or other form of photo ID to settlement.
- If you are in a condo or co-op, be sure to schedule your move well in advance. Check your condo/co-op docs for moving rules and restrictions.
Your best home seller's resource is your Latter & Blum Agent. Just ask for help!
Why Choose Latter & Blum?
Our Agents remain the highest-rated in Louisiana & Mississippi as a result of our commitment to...
Every home is different, and each seller has unique requirements and goals...