Ms. Cox brings back to Latter and Blum over 24 years experience in Real Estate. She started her career
with Robert W. Merrick, Inc. prior to Mr. Merrick purchasing Latter and Blum. Outgrowing Robert W.
Merrick, Inc. she went to work for Latter and Blum thus when he purchased Latter and Blum she worked
for him again-she was mentored and trained in the early years of her career by the best. She was Rookie of
the Year and in the Gold million dollar club of NOMAR while working for Latter and Blum. She then went
on to work for Stirling Properties for over 17 years in management, sales and leasing. She has held licenses
in LA and Texas.
She brings her vast knowledge and experience of Commercial Real Estate into our Residential Division at
our East Jefferson branch, specializing in the Old Metairie and Lakeview areas. Her broad range of real estate
experience has given her excellent negotiating skills, a detailed understanding of Market trends and facts
and what drives sales. She implements proven and successful Marketing Plans emphasizing her ability to
understand her seller client's needs and wants. She has also been a successful buyer's representative
guiding buyers through the buy/sales process from start to closing.
Ms. Cox lives by her core value that you get by giving always putting her client's needs and satisfaction
first. She is dedicated, driven, professional and gives her all to each and every client.
Ms. Cox is from New Orleans and lives in Old Metairie. She is also involved in her community through
The following shows her experience, accomplishments and work ethic prior to joining our Residential
Division in Lakeview:
Sales Manager, Development Consultant, Property Manager
Quail Creek Land Co. - Lytle, Texas
• Planned, implemented, and executed successful sales strategy for multiple large acreage ranch land tracts.
Re-subdivision into Commercial and residential tracts.
• Efforts contributed to 21,000 acres selling to 95% completion within 1 ½ years of development.
• Managed infrastructure development of subdivisions: roads, lots, plumbing and electrical. SWWPP plan
• Budget variance reporting.
Construction Project Manager, Property Manager, Special Projects Transitional Manager,
Industrial Leasing Specialist
Stirling Properties, Inc.
Construction Project Management/ Facilities Operations Manager
• Onsite Construction Project Manager for Hammond Square Re Development; a 100 acre Power /Lifestyle
Center from demolition to tenant occupancy. Secured wetlands clearing permits and granted certification
for SWWPP plan maintenance. Worked extensively with the EPA/DEQ, DOTD, DH&H, and government
officials. Maintained operational integrity for existing anchors while new construction and remodeling was
underway. Responsible for all Superintendants progress on respective projects. Worked closely with all
architects, site contractor, mechanical and civil Engineers. Held weekly contractors/project managers
meetings establishing General Requirements and general and restaurant specific site pad preparations were
being met in timely order. Worked with Mechanical Engineers on retaining walls, foundation walls, and
conversion of central plant to roof top HVAC units prior to demolition. Handled exodus of tenants from
• Managed 15 employees in off -site satellite office. Handled all vendor contracting, participated in all
marketing efforts, temporary leasing, lease administration, maintained excellent tenant relations,
developed emergency evacuation standards, and closely monitored all financial and physical aspects of
• Improved developed space including common area and tenant specific improvements; implemented
construction bids to 100% job completion.
• Solicited, selected, permitted, bid, and implemented capital improvements including façade reconstruction,
re-working of plumbing infrastructures, planning infrastructure for sewer treatment plant/lift station
upgrades, foundation and roof work, concrete/asphalt lots (truck wells, aprons, docks), 3 phase electrical
planning, floor load reconstruction and exterior/interior structural/cosmetic renovations.
• Extensive work with Louisiana Coastal Zone Management, Corps of Engineers and various government
entities securing intra coastal batture development permits, ramp/dock mooring/bulk heading for site
frontage/ wetlands fill, abandoned barge removals.
• Lease administration and vendor contracting for an excess of 3 million square feet of office/retail/industrial
• Prepared financial statements, maintained operating accounts, prepared budgets, percentage rents, owner
distribution, monthly reports, capitalized expenses, operations management with impeccable tenant
servicing efforts for owner and third party properties.
• Handled exceptional public relations with public, and between company and owners.
Special Project Transitional Management
• Provided all aspects of Property Management, Construction Project Management, Leasing Consultation,
and "Take Over," efforts for two downtown, 98% occupied, Class A Office Buildings - retail mall,
restaurants, and enclosed nine-level parking garage, totaling 500,000 square feet in Jackson, Ms.
Industrial Consultant, Leasing Specialist
• Assessed leasing liability (served as risk manager). Coordinated all aspects of several large hazardous-waste
clean-up projects including investigations of unknown materials left by illicit dumpers and existing site
specific waste removal. Secured testing laboratories and established compliance reporting programs with
letters of commendation from the State. Represented owners and agents in successful win of large "mold'
• Leasing Volume maximization - average (leasing) rental rate per square foot increase: 300% - high range
occupancy increase: 294,000 square foot building from 30% to 93% in a 18- month period. Wrote building
specific lease language. Prepared , reviewed and accepted commercial and industrial leasing proposals.
Industrial/Commercial Account Executive
Latter and Blum, Inc. - New Orleans, Louisiana
• Managed all new T and I dollars, office improvements, construction, demolition and capital improvements
for commercial accounts.
• Managed office buildings, special accounts and strategically planned office leasing. Solicited and prepared
proposals, acted as buyers representative for national corporations.
• Researched and obtained specifications for numerous warehouses including dehumidification of large sites.
• Established online database detailing each Industrial area in New Orleans. Industrial Leasing Specialist.
• Obtained experience with materials management inclusive of asbestos abatement projects, and examined
risk with regard to leasing liability.
Education: Louisiana State University
Bachelor of Arts, University of New Orleans, English
Awards: Dean's List, University of New Orleans and National Dean's List
Alpha Theta Epsilon Honor Society, University of New Orleans
Phi Mu Sorority, Louisiana State University
Licenses:Louisiana Real Estate Commission- active Licensee
Louisiana Life Health and Accident Insurance- active Producer